My name is Annelien Broersma and I was about 10 years old when I started playing Wallball. When I started, Wallball was new to us. During the summer in The Netherlands we play kaatsen. This way, I can play kaatsen in the summer and Wallball in the winter, perfect! Where kaatsen is a slow and static sport, Wallball is really quick and attractive to watch. I like it so much, I’ve even started playing it during the summer. The feeling that you get when you have a killshot is amazing. I love it!
I also like the tournaments in all of Europe, with all the players it feels like one big family. My favorite tournament is the Dutch Open, because I like to show the Dutch people how amazing our sport is. I feel I get better every year. I have already played in Europe, but my dream is to also play in the U.S. The girls over there are the best in the world, so my dream is to play with and against them on the highest level. So let’s first start in Europe and then play Wallball everywhere!
The feeling that you get when you have a killshot is amazing. I love it! - Annelien Broersma
- Quarter finals – Spanish Singles Open
- Quarter finals – Dutch Singles Open
- Quarter final – Dutch Open doubles with Harmke Siegersma
- Quarter final – UK singles Open Semi-final
- Belgium singles Open Quarter final
- Dutch Open doubles with Harmke Siegersma Winners
- Belgium Open doubles with Harmke Siegersma
- 3rd place – Belgium & Dutch Open doubles with Harmke Siegersma